How To Put Molding On Top Of Kitchen Cabinets
Have you ever looked at your kitchen cabinets and thought that they looked a little plain? If so, adding molding to the top of your cabinets could be just the thing you need to jazz them up and give your kitchen a more polished look. The good news is that this is a relatively easy DIY project that you can tackle in just a few hours. In this article, we’ll show you how to put molding on top of your kitchen cabinets in just a few simple steps.
Jazz Up Your Kitchen: How to Add Molding to Your Cabinets
Adding molding to your kitchen cabinets is a great way to give your kitchen a more polished, finished look. There are a variety of different types of molding that you can use, depending on the style of your kitchen. Crown molding is a popular choice for kitchen cabinets because it adds a touch of elegance and sophistication.
If you’re looking for a simpler option, you can also use a plain, flat piece of molding instead. This is a great choice if your kitchen has a more modern, minimalist design. Whatever type of molding you choose, make sure that it’s the same width as the top of your cabinets so that it fits snugly.
Easy DIY: Follow These Steps to Put Molding on Top of Your Cabinets
Now that you’ve decided on the type of molding you’re going to use, it’s time to get started on the installation process. Here’s a quick rundown of the steps involved:
- Measure the length of the top of your cabinets and cut your molding to size using a miter saw.
- Sand the edges of the molding to smooth out any rough spots.
- Apply a bead of construction adhesive to the top of your cabinets.
- Carefully place the molding onto the adhesive and press it down firmly.
- Use finishing nails to secure the molding to the cabinets.
- Fill in any nail holes with wood filler and sand the surface smooth.
- Paint or stain the molding to match the color of your cabinets.
And that’s it! With just a few simple tools and some elbow grease, you can easily add molding to the top of your kitchen cabinets and give your space a more polished look.
Adding molding to your kitchen cabinets is a great way to give your kitchen a more finished, sophisticated look. With just a little bit of time and effort, you can easily tackle this DIY project and enjoy the results for years to come. So why not give it a try and see how much of a difference it can make in your home?